For my very first post I thought I would start out with my basics.
Here are the basics of my makeup bag and the products I use everyday:
- Primer- I use L’oreal’s Professional Secrets Primer. I have very oily skin, so this helps keep my face from getting too shiny and greasy, it also helps my make last all day and provides a smooth surface to start applying makeup on.
- Foundation- I use Lancome’s Teinte Miracle Foundation in Bisque 4W. I like it because it is lightweight with sheer to moderate coverage that makes my skin look glowy.
- Concealer- I recently discovered Victoria’s Secret Makeup, so now I use the VS Pro Camouflage FX palette. It has three shades of concealer (light, medium and dark) and two corrector colors (green and apricot). It offers full coverage, it’s creamy and blendable AND inexpensive.
- Powder- I use Sephora Collection Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder in Medium Beige. Although it is really a foundation, with a fluffy powder brush it applies very sheer so it makes a good setting powder and offers a tiny bit of added coverage.
- Eyebrow Powder- I use Revlon brow powder in dark brown, because I have sparse eyebrows along with darker hair and eyes. This helps give my eyes and face more definition and lasts all day.
- Highlighter- I use Smashbox Eyebeam Double Ended Brightener. One side is for highlighting the brow bone and the other for the inner corner of the eye. Mostly I use it for my inner corner, it helps bring light to my eyes so they look bright and awake.
- Mascara- I like Fusion Beauty Mascara in Black, unfortunately my Sephora no longer carries the brand and I’m on my last tube! It is the best mascara I have used, but I’m on the search for a new one.
- Lip Butter- I love Korres lip butters! They are moisturizing and give the lips a light stain of color. My favorite is the Pomegranate one which is a pretty coral-pink.